Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Why Never Ever The Body Shop?-Beauty

Quest Retail Private Limited / The Body Shop, Great India Place Mall Noida — Forging customers by taking three times payment saying that debit card transaction declined
sonia25101982
Dear Sir I visited your subject cited outlet and bought two Ginger Dandruff shampoo. The Salesperson Kalpana swiped my debit card two times for Rs.1352 each time when she said me that transaction is declined both times and then she took money in cash amounting to again Rs.1352. When I returned back home I found that my PNB account has been already debited the money for the two transactions made through my debit card for which your salesperson said that the transaction had declined. Now when several times I have called your outlet person, they say they are not ready to refund me back money credited several times to your bank account. I request you to kindly arrange to credit back my money in my bank account for the two transactions made as I have already paid money in cash. Please look into on priority. Relevant details of the bill are given below: outlet:Shop no.136, firstfloor, Great India Place Mall, Sector-38A, Noida-201301, TIN NO.=9766003391 SERVICE TAX NO. AAACQ1315KST001 salesperson:Kalpana Counter no.3 Date13/06/2015 TNV NO.- 3063/S-74994 Thanks and Regards Sonia 07042388466

The Body Shop — Customer Complaint : Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask
Colonel Chandok

I bought a bottle of Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask from The Body Shop Outlet at Metropolitan Mall Gurgaon. For many months I did not open the packaging, however when I did so I found the complete Cream curdled and spoilt. The Expiry Date on the bottle is Dec 2011.
I went to the Body Shop Outlet and showed them the bottle but they want the receipt. Not expecting such poor quality of such expensive products and the fact that so many months have passed, I cannot locate the receipt.
However irrespective of the receipt being available a product certified as within Expiry Period should not be defective.
My Mobile No. is 9873206000

Reviewed by Wellwisher: 1.00 out of 10 on 8/20/2013
I was extremely disappointed with my latest experience at the Body Shop! I bought some items from a sale and decided to return a few today . The receipt CLEARLY states that items can be exchanged/returned within seven days. It also very CLEARLY states that items bought within the sale period CAN be returned/exchanged within the sale period. However, the saleswoman very conveniently declined to let me return or exchange either of my purchased goods despite acknowledging what the receipt clearly says. Now I am told to visit the store again tomorrow. The Body Shop claims to care about their customers, however, it isn't even able to implement a coherent customer service policy! What a joke! I've always loved shopping at the Body Shop and am only filing a complaint because unless the respected salesperson is of help, unfortunately for me and you I don't see myself shopping at your store again. I was extremely insulted by my experience today. If you don't want to implement a policy don't sugarcoat your "lovely" receipt with it! I am keeping the location of my specific purchase anonymous because this is not the problem of a particular incompetent salesperson (rather the salesperson told me she tried but the computers don't even allow returns-how ironic of your company!), rather an incoherent policy that definitely needs to revised and communicated to EVERY employee in order to avoid further customer dissatisfaction.

toniad
I completely understand your frustration! I have tried without success for over 6 weeks to get help from THE BODY SHOP-I have called, I have emailed, I have even made contact on FACEBOOK with fan page representative.

fishlab
Email correspondence is exceeding slow and their replies are rude. They must train their staff to be so unhelpful to customers. Makes them soooo pleasant to work with.

What happened to ethics
I complained about their moisturizer which made my face feel as though it was burning when applied. They responded that as it was for body use, not facial and I should have bought 2 products! No apology, no discussion as to why a company that heavily markets itself on being 'natural' actually seems to offer products with irritant chemicals. I must assume it is these chemicals that caused a reaction- since I've never experienced one before, not even with products such as Nivea body moisturizer on my face. They have no warning on their product which indicates it CANNOT be used on the face, but the staff in their store told me that of course I had had a reaction- it was only intended for body! Skin is skin and I certainly won't use a product at all that causes irritation. Body Shop is a marketing ploy in my opinion that are no closer to 'natural' than any other commercial product. The only difference is they blame you if you have a problem with their product! And I hadn't even asked for a refund- simply a replacement that did not have this side effect..

Kazenorei
Im the friend who went to the body shop with her. I was hoping to try one of their products but that sales representative made me not want to buy anything from them. Talking shit about a customer in front of their face is one of the worst thing a sales representative can do, and this lady did it without blinking an eye in front of OTHER customers. We could have just said nothing and move along but I never seen anyone treat a customer that way.

wbink1500
I recently had a really bad experience in that same store. I wonder how they do any business at all.

GinaMdavis
I had a similar experience in Bangalore Body Shop ( at Forum Mall, Whitefield).They had a 50% discount as a promotional scheme and I bought Body Butter. When I opened the product the material inside had curdled and gave out a really bad stench. The expiry was April 2013 as per the sticker of the marketing company Quest Retail which imports this product in India. They have hidden the actual original manufacturers expiry of the product using a new sticker. In away the Indian franchisee is spoiling the name of the MNC brand by selling expired products at a steep discount to clear stock. As a MNC it is surprising that Body Shop has not put in place systems to track this kind of cheating of customers . This will injure the brand value over time if people in India continue to get expired products ( under special promotional offers launched by Indian franchisees). This is a serious offense in the West and god forbid if there is an adverse chemical reaction on the face of one of the BodyShop clients due to using expired products then it will lead to litigation. I plan to take this up in the Consumer Forum and expect the company to be responsible enough to prevent such occurrences in the future.

Jeanbrett
I bought hand cream at Body Shop the seams are leaking out hand cream what a mess

apoorvaS
I am disappointed with the customer service by a staff named Rumi at the body shop, forum mall Bangalore. The previous day another sales girl mentioned about giving a sample of one of the body shop product. But she forgot to give it and the next day when I checked about it, this girl Rumi very rudely refused to give me a sample. I am a body shop member and this rude behaviour is very disappointing.

The Body Shop - Money sucker
I am unhappy with my recent purchase at body shop.There was 3 for 2 on the offer and I brought 3 items and the woman on the till decided to charge me the two prices of most expensive items i brought.
I am never returning to body shop to shop again.
I am unhappy with my recent purchase at body shop.
There was 3 for 2 on the offer and I brought 3 items and the woman on the till decided to charge me the two prices of most expensive items i brought.I am never returning to body shop to shop again.

Source: http://www.consumercomplaints.in, http://www.thecustomerservicebox.com, http://www.complaintsboard.com, http://the-body-shop.pissedconsumer.com/